Monday, January 1, 2018

My Top 10 Books of 2017

Last year was the first full year I tracked my reading on Goodreads. I read 126 books (37,586 pages)! It's fun to look back on everything I read, so I thought I'd share my top 10 books that I read in 2017, in no particular order.


Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
A novel about racism and prejudice in America. Timely.  Excellent on audio.

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
A heart-wrenching memoir but full of hope. 

Standard Deviation by Katherine Heiny
Dysfunctional family, infedility, a child on the spectrum, full of heart.

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
Literary fiction. Just fantastic.

Rabbit Cake by Annie Hartnett
Dysfunctional family. Incredible young protagonist.  

Beartown by Frederik Backman
A book about hockey, on the surface. Beneath it is so much more. Brilliant.

The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
Nonfiction. The story of radium and the fight for workers' rights in America.   

Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
Everyone should read this so you understand extreme poverty in America.

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
Twisty psychological thriller. I still think about it 10 months after reading it.

The Inquisitor's Tale; Or, the Three Magical Children and Their Holy Dog by Adam Gidwitz
Magic, farting dragons, corrupt officials, banned books. My favorite middle grade novel of the year.

What are your top ten books of 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment