Friday, September 21, 2012

My Four-and-a-Half Year Old Boy

My boy...


...is four-and-a-half years old today!

...is one of the most polite kids ever. Henry says please, thank you and excuse me completely unbidden.  He clears his dishes and puts away his shoes without reminders from us. I love that!

...talks all.the.time.  Seriously, he always has something to say. I love my little chatterbox.

...has a really positive attitude. Even when faced with an unpleasant situation, like the stomach bug that hit our house over the weekend, he just calmly says that it will be okay. He can and does find the positive in a bad situation. (I should take lessons from him!)

...tries to do everything his brother can, and this has made him a really good reader (he knows at least 25 sight words and doesn't have to sound out words when he reads). Henry is also really good at basic math facts, probably because he practices with his brother every day.

...adores the art museum and was heartbroken to hear that his favorite tree installation is coming down soon.

...is growing like a weed! Friends who haven't seen him all summer comment on how BIG he has gotten. 

...has so much stamina when it comes to running and riding his bike. He can bike for 3 miles without complaining or tiring.

...loves to play outside. The heat doesn't bother him at all!

...is slightly obsessed with computer games (Bloons Tower Defense especially) and Daddy's new tablet.

...can be a huge goofball, just like Will!

...is one of my favorite people. I just love spending time with this kid.  



My boy is one happy, fun, sweet four-and-a-half year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment