Friday, May 7, 2010

Seattle Farmers' Market

I spent last weekend in Seattle with three of my best girlfriends. My friend Leigh moved to Seattle almost four years ago, and I've never been up to visit her, so Katy, Heather and I headed up to the Northwest for a fun girls' weekend. I have to say that I love Seattle. I can't believe that I've never been there before, considering that I grew up in California and have been to many other parts of Washington (my uncle lives there) -- but this was my first trip to Seattle! I definitely need to go back again soon!


We spent all day Sunday outside, roaming around and exploring Seattle. I'm sure everyone knows that I love farmers' markets. I take the little boys to the very small local farmers' market. They just started one here in October, and it's itty-bitty, but I adore the food I get. It's so fresh and yummy and they all know me and the boys now...

In any case, we were lucky enough to experience one of the many farmers' markets in Seattle. After all, this is Seattle and there are permanent signs marking the neighborhood markets. How awesome is that? Leigh lives in a great neighborhood called Ballard, and so she and her husband Tyler took us to the Ballard Farmers' Market on Sunday. Oh my goodness, I could spend hours at that place. Can you see how big it is? We're only at the midpoint in this picture and there are stalls on both sides of the street.
They have everything there. Literally everything, even a poem store. This lady sat in her chair with her typewriter perched on her lap, and she would write a poem for you! Heather had a poem written about her Jack Russell terrier. Who knew?

Next to the poet was a man selling newspapers. He saw me with my camera and stopped me to ask me to please not take his picture. Hmm. I was taking pics of my friends, so I hadn't planned on photographing the paper seller. Now I wish I had picture just so I could include it on the blog. Sigh.
I obviously couldn't buy a bunch of produce or fresh fish, but I did get some handmade soap from this stall. Adorable, no?

And we didn't try this pizza either, but I had to take a picture of this pizza oven for my pizza-making husband.

Here's one last pic from the farmers' market. Heather was off with the poet so I got Katy, Leigh (in the middle) and her awesome (and patient) husband Tyler. Yep, the poor guy had to put up with four women sharing his one bathroom, but instead of running and hiding, he made us breakfast!!

I have the best friends and we had the best time in Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment